JOB DESCRIPTION FOR SOCIAL MEDIA & COMMUNITY MANAGER
|Job Title:||Social Media & Community Manager||Location:||Lagos, Nigeria|
|Department:||Tracka||Length of contract:||5 years|
|Travel Involved:||Up to 40% travel within Nigeria||Direct Reports:|
|Reporting to:||Head, Tracka|
BudgIT is a leading public data organization focused on raising active citizens and civic leaders to improve governance by bridging the information gap between the government and citizens.
The Social Media and Community Manager is part of the Tracka team. They have the strategic responsibility to manage and grow Tracka’s social media structures, conduct strategic campaigns for Tracka tech products, and manage the community champions program to evolve the initiative into a full-blown sustainable advocacy community across 37 states in Nigeria.
Scope of work
This role reports to the Head of Tracka and the Country Director and works with other departments within the organization.
Key Working Relationships
The Social Media and Community Manager will work with and support other departments across BudgIT with a direct reporting line to the Head of Tracka. External working relationships will include media houses, civil society organizations, government officials, and donors.
- Create and disseminate engaging, educative, and compelling social media content, stories, blog posts, and other content that resonate with our users, and showcase Tracka’s unique value proposition.
- Build, manage, and moderate the community champions initiative to build a sense of belonging and ownership, ensure positive engagement, resolve issues, and foster a supportive and inclusive environment for advocacy on public issues.
- Develop and implement strategies to drive user engagement for our tech products, increase sign-ups, and create a sense of community among our audience.
- Increase engagement and followership across our social media platforms (IG, Twitter, Facebook, and TikTok) and increase sign-ups and usage on our Tracka Mobile 2.0 App.
- Collaborate with the communication teams to develop and execute content plans and campaigns that align with the social media strategies and goals of the team and the organization.
- Develop a content calendar for articles, blogs, and publications.
- Develop ideas for content in line with the organization’s objective and to attract the Gen-Z generation in governance, accountability, and advocacy.
- Any other responsibility requested by the organization.
Qualifications and experience:
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, Social Sciences, or other related fields.
- At least 2 years of experience working as a community or social media manager.
- Past and proven experience with building audience and community online, social media accounts, and driving user sign-ups and engagements for tech products.
- Relevant experience in growth marketing is an added advantage.
- Interest in the governance and civil society space is a big plus.
- Experience working in networks and building strong working relationships
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Hands-on experience with content creation and management
- Excellent copy-writing skills
- Ability to create compelling social media campaigns
- Ability to deliver creative content
- Excellent communication skills
- Conceptual creative abilities
- Knowledge of Online Marketing Channels, Google Analytics
- Knowledge of NGOs issues
- Confident and able to collaborate and interface with stakeholders at various levels.
- Fast learner and ability to fit and work in a new terrain
- Strong social consciousness and awareness of trending issues that fits the organization’s visibility
- A knack for meeting and exceeding goals
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Word, Google Doc, MS-Office packages
- Fluent in English, with excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
To apply, send CV and Cover Letter to [email protected]
Application closes May 12, 2023