We are Hiring – Senior Program Officer, Liberia
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR SENIOR PROGRAM OFFICER
|Senior Program Officer
|Length of contract:
|Up to 40% travel within Liberia
BudgIT is a civic organization that applies technology to intersect citizen engagement with institutional improvement to facilitate societal change. A pioneer in the field of social advocacy melded with technology, BudgIT uses an array of tech tools to simplify Government budgets and matters of public spending for citizens, with the primary aim of raising the standard of transparency and accountability in Government. In doing this, we partner with civil society, public institutions and the media, chiefly in the areas of fiscal analysis, civic technology and data representation.
BudgIT Liberia is seeking a Senior Program Officer who will lead and manage the implementation of BudgIT Liberia’s projects, with a primary focus on fiscal analysis and civic engagements. They will also be responsible for developing strategic partnerships and relationships with stakeholders in Liberia. The ideal candidate will have strong project management and communication skills. The person will be responsible for leading the implementation of the organization’s projects in Liberia. We are looking for a candidate who has experience in managing complex projects, excellent communication and interpersonal skills and is passionate about making a positive difference in Liberia. Come join our team and help make a difference!
Scope of work
The Senior Program Officer is a national-level position based in Monrovia that requires frequent project oversight visits to BudgIT’s project locations. The Senior Program Officer will play a key role in ensuring timely, responsive, and high-quality integrated technical program delivery at the county level and in writing and refining written program deliverables, such as work plans and progress reports. As a management team member, the person will work collaboratively with the Country team, project partners, Government, and international team to ensure timely work planning and program reporting and contribute to high-quality program output across the board.
- Manage the planning, implementation, and assessment of programs and projects. This includes developing project timelines, establishing goals, and ensuring activities stay on track.
- Seek and secure funding opportunities through grant applications and proposal writing.
- Develop and maintain relationships with community stakeholders, partners, and beneficiaries.
- Effectively articulate the organization’s mission, goals, and program impact to internal and external stakeholders. This could entail creating promotional materials, making presentations, and engaging in public speaking engagements.
- Support in the implementation of donor-funded programs in Liberia.
- Enhancing BudgIT’s visibility as a transparent and accountable organization in Liberia.
- Institutional Engagement with the government: Seek collaboration and offer direct support to Government institutions.
- Building a coalition of Civil Society Organizations and media partnerships for advocacy to demand budget transparency.
- Participating in donor and other critical partnership meetings and complying with all donor procedures and policies.
- Communicate frequently with the management and team members to ensure the success of BudgIT activities.
- Advice on programmatic design of new projects, including identification of potential local partners and beneficiaries, monitoring implementation to ensure timely completion and adherence to budget, and administrative and programmatic closeout throughout the portfolio of activities.
- Work alongside stakeholders and civil society actors to ensure coherent and strategic programming as part of a unified project endeavor.
- Participates in top-level strategic planning sessions while working with Country team members and management to develop annual budgets.
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect.
- Deliver on any other tasks assigned by the Country Lead.
Qualifications and experience:
Education: At least a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with five (5) experience. A master’s degree in the field of governance, economics, social sciences, or project management is desirable. Key competencies required to succeed in this position:
- Proven ability to manage program and project planning, implementation, and assessment. This includes developing project timelines, establishing goals, and ensuring activities stay on track.
- Demonstrated experience in seeking and securing funding opportunities through effective grant applications and proposal writing.
- Strong ability to develop and maintain relationships with community stakeholders, partners, and beneficiaries.
- Exceptional communication skills to effectively articulate the organization’s mission, goals, and program impact to internal and external stakeholders.
- Hands-on experience in supporting the implementation of donor-funded programs ensures successful outcomes.
- Proven track record in enhancing an organization’s visibility, specifically as a transparency and accountability advocate.
- Ability to advise on the programmatic design of new projects, identify potential local partners and beneficiaries, monitor implementation, and ensure timely completion and adherence to budget.
- Must be a citizen of Liberia. Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply for gender balance.
Application closing date: February 19, 2024
To apply, email your letter of interest, current CV, and a sample of work to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc [email protected] with the subject: “Senior Program Officer (insert your name)”. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone inquiries. BudgIT will contact shortlisted candidates via email.
To learn more about BudgIT Liberia, please visit our website: https://liberia.budgit.org/about/
BudgIT is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its recruitment and employment on the basis of race, color, religion, and sex.