BudgIT Foundation is looking to hire an experienced Accountant to head its Finance department. If you are the ideal candidate, kindly check the job requirements below and apply.
The Head of Finance is a member of the executive management team with a leadership role in the organization’s financial decision-making. She/He manages all aspects of financial risk, develops and implements financial systems, manages relationships with donors on all finance-related matters, ensures compliance with regulatory and donor requirements, and guarantees the sustained financial health of the organization.
Key Working Relationships
Key working relationships will include directors, principal leads, program teams, finance teams, regulatory agencies, financial institutions, and donors.
- Strategic financial planning and analysis
- Accounting and financial management
- Technical leadership
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance-related field.
- ICAN/ACCA qualification is COMPULSORY.
- At least five (5) years of progressive experience in accounting or finance, which must include supervisory experience.
- NGO-related experience in the Finance department with a reputable non-governmental organization or donor agency is an added advantage.
- Hands-on knowledge and experience with accounting software, especially Quickbooks.
- Experience working on private and multilateral donor funds and large budgets.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and supervisory skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
- Mature and professional demeanour with a strong executive presence.
- Ability to collaborate and interface with stakeholders at various levels.
- Self-starter who can work with their own initiative with limited supervision.
Location: BudgIT HQ, Lagos, Nigeria.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to [email protected] using Head of Finance as the subject. Application closes on Friday, December 9, 2022.