We are Hiring – Finance and Administration Officer (Senegal)
Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer
Department: Finance and Administration
Length of contract: 1 Year (Renewable)
Role Type: Country Office
Grade: Program Officer
Travel Involved: As Required
Direct Reports: Admin Assistants
Reporting to: Head, Finance and Administrator HQ, Country Office Management
Employment Type Permanent, Full Time
BudgIT is a civic organization that applies technology to intersect citizen engagement with institutional improvement, to facilitate societal change.
A pioneer in the field of social advocacy melded with technology, BudgIT uses an array of tech tools to simplify the budget and matters of public spending for citizens, with the primary aim of raising standards of transparency and accountability in government.
– To provide Finance and Admin responsibilities as a member of the country office management team in Senegal and support BudgIT’s work in Senegal as may be required.
– Manage all aspects of financial risk; implement financial systems; manage relationships with donors on all finance-related matters; ensures compliance with regulatory and donor requirements; and ensure the sustained financial health of the organization in Senegal.
Key Working Relationships
The Finance Officer will work with Directors, International Programs Management Team, Country Lead, HQ Finance and Administrative Lead, Program teams, regulatory agencies, financial institutions, and Donors.
Strategic Financial Planning and Analysis
– Serve as a vital member of the Country office management team and participate in organizational decisions that contribute to the implementation of its strategic vision and sustainability.
– Report on the financial performance of the organization with respect to organizational budgets and forecasts.
– Create yearly financial objectives with the Country team that align with the organization’s strategies and current and projected grant portfolio.
– Contributes strategically to grant proposal writing on finance-related aspects.
Accounting and Financial Management
– Ensure the effective and transparent use of financial resources in compliance with BudgIT Senegal and donor policies and procedures.
– Manage overall financial operations to ensure accuracy in financial reporting and compliance with regulatory and donor requirements.
– Review and ensure the application of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
– Oversee and maintain good working relationships with regulatory agencies and financial institutions.
– Provide standard accounting reports, including general ledger files, account and bank reconciliations, program costs, grant reporting, and other financial information in a timely and accurate manner.
– Coordinate audits with independent auditors and regulatory agencies.
– Enhance and implement financial systems, procedures, and tools.
Participates in top-level strategic planning sessions while assisting program leads and Country management in developing annual budgets.
Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect.
Qualifications and Experience:
– Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance-related field.
– ACA or ACCA qualification is desirable.
– At least 1-3 years of progressive experience in accounting or finance
– NGO-related experience in the Finance department with a reputable non-governmental organization or Donor agency is an added advantage.
– Hands-on knowledge and experience in using Microsoft Excel and accounting software.
– Excellent organizational, analytical, and supervisory skills.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.,
– Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
– Mature and professional demeanor with a strong executive presence.
– Ability to collaborate and interface with stakeholders at various levels.
– Self-starter who can work with their own initiative with limited supervision.
Deadline: July 21, 2023
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CVs to [email protected] (in English) using the role applied for as the subject of the mail.