We are Hiring – Strengthening Health System Lead
BudgIT is a leading public data organisation focused on raising active citizens and civic leaders to improve governance by bridging the information gap between the government and citizens.
As part of the BudgIT 2022-2026 strategy to change the power asymmetries that limit civic ownership in emerging democracies and strengthen stakeholders with insights and solutions on transparency, accountability, efficient governance, and economic development that improve citizens’ quality of life in communities we serve, BudgIT has established a Strengthening Health System unit, which will lead on improving community health service delivery.
The Strengthening Health System Lead is part of the Management team and has the strategic responsibility to lead BudgIT health interventions with the support of other departments in the organization. This will include the effective delivery of ongoing community health projects, as well as fostering innovations to improve health service delivery for Nigerians.
Scope of work
This role is part of the Management Team. The post holder has the duty to manage project teams, interface with donors, raise funds for BudgIT’s projects, work with other departments within the organization and contribute to BudgIT’s brand visibility.
The SHS Lead will also oversight for the Abuja Office.
Key Working Relationships
The SHS Lead will manage project team members and work with and support other departments across BudgIT with a direct reporting line to the Country Director. External working relationships will include government officials, donors, civil society organizations, and other non-government organizations.
- In partnership with the Country Director and the Executive Management, develops the strategic direction for the SHS unit.
- Inspire innovative ideas that would strengthen BudgIT’s health system practice.
- Represent the organization in high-level engagements.
- Provide strategic direction for BudgIT’s SHS unit
- Contribute to the strategic development and delivery of BudgIT’s corporate strategy.
- Spearhead research projects around health systems, and analysis of government investment in health service delivery.
- Ensures that BudgIT stays abreast of key policy changes and relevant external issues relating to health.
- Lead the production of a wide range of high-quality written outputs for various audiences including high-quality, well-targeted research reports, policy briefings, press releases, blogs, and other outputs.
- Develop and manage relationships with research institutes, think tanks, policymakers, and other Civil Society Organizations.
- Represent the organization at conferences, media appearances, events, etc on all matters related to policy and research.
- Update job knowledge and skills by participating in continuous professional development, e.g. training, professional/trade publications, maintaining personal networks, and membership in relevant professional organisations;
- Develop an annual department budget and plan with appropriate input from internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure the Abuja Office reflects BudgIT’s values and culture.
- Position the Abuja office as a force to reckon with in initiating relationships, networking with stakeholders, and promoting partnerships.
- Takes leadership of the administration of the Abuja office.
Qualifications and experience:
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree, advance degree in Public Health is an added advantage
- At least 5 years experience working in health relation roles, particularly community health.
- NGO experience is compulsory.
- Knowledge and experience in project management, stakeholder engagement and grassroots mobilization.
- Proven significant experience in a leadership position
- Experience working in networks and building strong working relationships
- Demonstrable ability to lead and develop systems and processes
- Knowledge of NGO issues.
- Confident and able to collaborate and interface with stakeholders at various levels.
- Fast learner and ability to fit and work in a new terrain
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong social consciousness and awareness of national issues.
- A self-starter who is able to work on his/her own initiative with limited supervision
- A knack for meeting and exceeding goals
- Knowledge and experience using MS Office packages
- Creative mindset and ability to challenge the statuesque
- Fluent in English, with excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Mature and professional demeanour
- Willingness to travel
Location: Abuja, Nigeria.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to [email protected] with “Application for Strengthening Health System Lead” as the subject. The application deadline is Friday, February 28, 2023.